Thursday, May 20, 2010

Exploring Colorado - My new state








I had the first couple of days of this week off, so I decided to head out into the vast Colorado wilderness and see what it has to offer. Being situated near, in and around the Rocky Mountains, there is an inexhaustible amount of area to discover. I headed south to Colorado Springs on Monday. Stopped by the Air Force Academy on the way. The chapel was unbelievably gorgeous. It is the last picture in this post. How would you like to go to church there?
Then I stopped in Garden of the Gods, which is a little public park, with winding walkways, through red rock fins. There were a plethera of rock climbers scaling the spines of rock. I caught a great pic of a climber resting near the top of her ascent. From the Garden, I headed up a dirt road, called Rampart Ridge, into the Rockies. I was across the canyon from Pike's Peak and caught a couple great pics in the breaking clouds.
Tuesday, my friend and I headed to Estes Park, The Gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, and did a bit of hiking to a small lake, Gem Lake. We got caught in a rain storm on the way back, but the clouds and light provided for some breathtaking views.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! It's sure a good thing you've got that camera. You've got quite an eye and caught some amazing things. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a bit of Dad's artistic eye for photography as well as his sense of adventure. It's a winning combination. Looking forward to visiting you in Colorado sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello hello! remember me? I saw on facebook that you had a blog. THat is great. HOpe you are well. Look forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete