Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentines Day





This Valentines Day came a little early this year. I have to ref a play-in in Juab tomorrow, on the 14th of Feb, so I will be unavailable for fun Valentines Day activities. So I celebrated a day early. This is the beginning of the cake that Mary and I made for her son's first birthday party, which is also, coincidentally, Valentines Day.

Who is Mary you might ask? Well at work the other day, a cute blonde pushing an adorable baby boy came in. I was impressed by her looks, and was curious. She spent a little time in the store checking out some outfits, and was on her way out the door, when I had to stop her. I wanted a little more time with this one. So I suggested a hoodie that I really liked, and thought would look great with her blonde hair. She really liked it too, luckily (phew!) and bought the hoodie, and left. I was happy she ended up with my favorite girls hoodie, but wondered if I'd ever see her again.

Luckily, about a week and a half later, she came strolling and rolling her son into the store. I wasn't going to let her get away this time :) After talking her into trying on a few cute

shirts and jeans, I really wanted to ask her out. But I didn't feel it very professional to do at work. So I awkwardly avoided more conversation. Cuz all I could think about was asking her out, and I couldn't think of anything else clever to say, or clothes to suggest. She ended up buying a shirt I had suggested, but I went back to doing some duties at the front of the store while a co-worker rang her purchase in. And as she started heading for the door, she passed me....... And I finally blurted something out. Don't even remember what I said, but I got her number somehow, by some miracle, and tonight was our first date.







We went out for sushi for dinner. I am not a huge fan of raw things, and have always been a little wary of sushi. But I've always wanted to give it a fair shot. And Mary really likes sushi, so we gave it a go. It was really good, and we had great conversation. She is really enjoyable to be around and has beautiful eyes, and a great smile.

After dinner, we went back to her house and made a birthday cake for her son's first birthday. This picture on the left is her and her dog Baxter. He is a little sweetheart.








And here is the finished product :)
I think little Lucas will really like the cake, and learn how fun birthdays can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment